TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Paris SF: Sara Errani def. Kiki Bertens 5-0, Ret.

View Single Post

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:13 PM   #49
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paris SF: Sara Errani def. Kiki Bertens 5-0, Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
I disagree, since the change of rule in international events it is not that easy to stay on top. Just like Wozniacki showed, she is barely a top 10 player. with Schiavone the reason why she was in the top 10 for two years is because of her French Open performance a win and then a final.
Even for Wozniacki, her ranking was kept artificially high for long after her peak form ended, by the perks of having a high ranking (good draws, 1st-round byes, the "aura" of being a top player that makes it mentally harder for opponents to get over the finish line).

Errani may well fall out of the top 10, but honestly I've never thought that she'd fall further than about #12/13 at most this year, and she was certainly never going to have the huge slide some were hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Errani is an embarrassment.

She's not gonna make the fucking RG final again.
Probably not the final, but I honestly would not be surprised at all to see her make the semis Who other than Serena/Maria/Princessrenka can beat her on clay? Stosur in theory, but I'm not sure I'd like her chances of closing her out after those clusterfucks she had against her at RG and the YEC last year. Maybe Kuznetsova if she can re-find her best?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote