TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Chris Evert Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:53 AM   #2257
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebfletch View Post
Thanks for answering. I see your point and I'd forgotten that Chris had got married so closely to her loss to Austin. Probably the title 'Queen of Clay' isn't the right phrase I had in mind. What I meant to say was if we had to summarise just the spring clay results of 1979, who would that section of the year belong to seeing as they both won 2 titles etc as I mentioned before. With that in mind, would you still say that Evert's clay season of just 79, ignoring the wider perspective, was better?
I just think 1979 was an awkward year for Chris ~ clearly she was involved in the planning of her wedding & redirecting her priorities in the spring; she lost to Barker, Fromholtz, Austin, Greer Stevens....all BEFORE she even got to Rome! She lost 15 matches in 1979... more than any year of her 19-year career.

and Tracy was probably as good as anyone else on any given day at that point in austin's career.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote