TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:39 PM   #116
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Deb I guess you got a little revenge with the instructor in the end
Well, last Saturday I had to drive two hours with him as well. Nearly drove me nuts as well he thinks he is a great instructor because he taught some "deaf-and-dumb" (that's such a pet peeve of mine) he thought I was actually a bit retarded which was quite offensive, it was obvious at the way he always stopped to slowly write some instructions and explanations down even though I blatantly said "Yes I understood, you've told me twice, and I just repeated it, now could we go?" but naaah he thought I didn't understand uuuuuuuuugh dfgkhgdf then he was like "DO YOU UNDERSTAND ? HUH DO YOU UNDERSTAAAAND" exaggerating his voice. Oh god, it was so offensive.

so back about that pet peeve mentioned above : If you are mute/dumb, then it means you actually CAN'T talk, really can't. Your vocal cords are actually dead.
OTOH if you are born deaf 100% (there are a few degres, I was born 100% deaf), it doesn't mean your vocal cords are dead. But your ears are dead.
And many people make a common mistake to think real deafs can't talk because most of them can't easily learn how to talk as they don't hear their own voice without an hearing device or external help.

Ok rant over

How was your day, Trih ??? What have you been doing? any plans this week end?
debby is offline View My Blog!