TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:30 PM   #2041
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
i know this is old news now, but since i just saw it again online...i don't understand WHY petra is playing fed cup AGAIN...wtf...seriously, hasn't she given enough of herself to her country already?!?!

this just further makes me question petra's ambitions...it just seems like she doesn't really care about her career and puts it after everything else...i mean just look at all the top players...azarenka, serena, sharapova...they ONLY play fed cup when it's an olympic year and never would even consider playing it consecutively during non olympic years...cuz they know that their careers and their quest to win GS comes first...i just don't understand Petra's priorities

yes, you can argue that Fed Cup is just one weekend and shouldn't take too much out of Kvitova...but immediately after, she has to play in Doha...i just think logistically, none of it makes any sense...she's already led her country to TWO fed cup titles...what more do they want?!

it's really, really hard for me to see Petra win more slams if she continues to be like this...putting her country before her own career and letting her team make all her decisions...but maybe, she's perfectly content w/ all of this...and having the one wimby title is enough for her...
Don't worry.

I wrote a post regarding the same thing (Petra and Fed Cup), that sounded practically the same with the latest announcement.

I know what you mean/how you feel?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote