Originally Posted by coolfish1103
- No women's history.
- Too many events in North America being big ones.
- No need to smash Premier 5s back-to-back to create dreadful fields.
As of now there are:
- 2 Premier Mandatory in US/North America
- 1 Premier Mandatory in Spain/Europe
- 1 Premier Mandatory in China/East Asia
- 1 Premier 5 in Doha/Middle East
- 1 Premier 5 in Canada/North America
- 1 Premier 5 in US/North America
- 1 Premier 5 in Italy/Europe
- 1 Premier 5 in Tokyo/East Asia
= 4 North America
= 2 Europe
= 2 East Asia
= 1 Middle East
I won't mind if the Cincy one goes to South America or Africa.
I think the most stupid P5 is Doha. They have money, they don't need a P5 status. ATP has shown that Dubai 500 has a better field than non-mandatory Mickey Carlo Masters 1000. So, have Dubai a bit earlier and give its current spot to South America for a P5. Cincy is good as it is, it logical to have a P5 in USA at that time.
Then what about Africa? P5 there would be too big a risk, they don't have the money of Asia. But I'd like to see a "normal" Primier e.g. in South Africa with some big names. And if it worked, then give YEC there to see if Africa is ready for a P5 and an African swing.