TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM   #38
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China

I think you just have to accept you're not going to get great crowds for the whole week at most events. I would be more concerned with weekends' attendances. Which brings me to the point of why do a lot of WTA events have Saturday finals, they should have Saturday semi-finals and Sunday final (outside of places like Doha where the weekend is Friday-Saturday) in order to get the best attendances for the latter stages of events.

Really the WTA calendar is set out in a way now where they basically want the top players to play the following schedule :-
Brisbane, Australian Open, Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami, Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, French Open, Wimbledon, Canada, Cincinnati, US Open, Tokyo, Beijing, YEC.
That is basically the schedule that top players are forced to follow and as a result means everywhere else is unlikely to get good fields.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote