TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM   #37
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: Sorry But The Abysmal Crowds In Paris Justify Stacy Moving SEWTA To China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravanecaravan View Post
I agree with this--and I would say it's because the women's tour is oversaturated with events. Having multiple events each week dilutes the field(s), negates the possibilutes of consistent rivalries and confuses the casual tennis fan as to who the key players in the game really are. If all of the players had one two options each week--play or not play at one specific tour level tournament--there'd be more matches between the top players, and a better chance for the WTA to market its product.

As for the original premise, moving the tournament won't help. China has the same problems. Matches during the week have poor turnout because adults work and kids are in school and so that leaves aluminum seats to watch the tennis. It isn't brain surgery, but apparently Na-Mug can't figure it out.
Er, that'd be terrible; having multiple events each week is absolutely necessary for a multitude of reasons.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote