TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tarpishchev: "Bidding on [the YEC] a waste of money...We didnít even want it."

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:52 AM   #25
country flag Daena

Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all
Re: Tarpishchev: "Bidding on [the YEC] a waste of money...We didnít even want it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
If Russia did want YEC they wouldn't pick Kazan maybe Moscow, St Petersburg or Sochi not Kazan.
You know nothing about Russia, right?
Quite the contrary, nominating Kazan meant they were a bit serious (though not so much, I suppose). Nobody needs another sport event in Moscow or St. Petersburg, these cities are too expensive, have a lot of traffic problems and they are choke-full of different events, hence empty stands on Kremlin Cup and St Petersburg open.

Sochi is overwhelmed with all this Olympics thing, (I just cannot imagine their future hangover, after all this shit finally finished).

Kazan is so-called "sports capital of Russia", it's soccer, ice hockey, basketball, volleyball, water polo and rugby teams - multiple national champions. Now they want to become "tennis capital" as well.