TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:08 AM   #110
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
There are 2 points that brickhoussuporter raised in the comparisons: youngest ever to reach the top 10 and fastest to come out of the block and beating a bunch of top 10 players.

Capriati took the first, Serena took the second.

"The youngest ever" ones that you mentioned in your post was NOT the point that originally raised by them and was debated. It was understandable, due to Capriati went full force at a later age due to her father's pushing. Hingis also set a bunch of records of youngest ever. But those were the main reason for burning out, not to be encouraged, hence the age restriction rules.

Personally, I found a youngster came out and started beating top players right at once is more impressive at showed with Serena and Seles both of whom are in the discussion of The Greatest of All Time, while Capriati and Hingis, while great, are certainly many cuts below.
I never said youngest anything.......