TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:01 AM   #108
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Let me tell you a true story. I was a big Steffi fan. Nervous during matches, hated when she lost, etc. Thought Monica was Satan before she got stabbed, and sadly did not appreciate Monica at that time. Another story for another day.

Anyway, so Steffi is making her way back on tour in late '98 and of course I'm watching the Indian Wells final in '99 and am of course nervous because this Serena character is really taking it to Steffi. WTH? Serena is down a break in the third set and with a bad knee. Fine, girl took it to Steffi but thankfully she has faded. But she didn't! Bitch comes back and wins. Against my girl!! WTH, X100. I was not happy at all. So, I've been watching this with one of the fags I'm usually stuck with who rarely watches tennis, and Serena is making her speech about how she now knows what it's like to be on a roll (having won Paris Indoors the previous week). So my fag says that Steffi has been on a roll her whole career and why begrudge this young girl her roll? And you know what? He was right! So I turned it around and was happy for the teen Serena and her "roll" and have been a fan ever since, and appreciated her gutsy moves against my gal in that match and her fighting spirit. I'm not sure getting to the SF of the Australian Open is equivalent to winning Indian Wells over Steffi, but let this girl have her chance in the sun and go on a few talk shows! This could be the highpoint in her career which she should enjoy now, or a hint of thing to come like with Serena in '99.
Girl PREEEEEACH!!!!!!!!!!

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote