TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Was officiating always this corrupt before hawkeye?

View Single Post

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:09 PM   #12
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of
Re: Was officiating always this corrupt before hawkeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
It isn't corruption. It's jut bad line calling. We can add Stanford to the list. I can't forget Sorana's match there. She was so right so often on her challenges. It was laughable. Sometimes it is homerism but other times just bad linecalling.

What is amazing is how right they usually are. They have to make decisions in a split second.

They should be required to have hawkeye on the court where the final will be played at all the tournaments.

I do think that Yanina's ball was in in the first set. The ball was not that far away from the umpire, but perhaps the angle was bad, or maybe she thought it was in as well.
This. I think it is somewhat preposterous that there is no universal rule for WTA tournaments regarding the use of HawkEye. I know that the system's use has vastly increased, but to have it in some places and not in others just doesn't make any sense to me. I have similar feelings about this as I do about using different balls every week. At least the WTA could make a rule that no new tournament will be added to the calendar without agreeing to make HawkEye available.
Tennis Tipping: CH: 21 Current: 21 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 22 Current: 23 Champion: 2013 Birmingham
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 104 Current: 119 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote