TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Who will last longer 2013

View Single Post

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:04 AM   #33
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will last longer 2013

Well Shahar did win her R1 doubles match this morning, but clearly she is only tied with Glushko atm, and OOP does not make her achievement better in any way (Friday edit: Shahar won her doubles QF match as well and she and dresenson are the clear winners this week, congrats; but the rest of my post is still relevant for future tie-breaking cases).
It's not just this week - we have to determine this issue once and for all. I don't think that this should even be a breaker in case of a tie.

If we switch to "who will go deeper", then tie-breakers are:
1) number of MD wins (can be different depending on draw size or a bye).
2) singles result over doubles result.
3) There are number of options here: stronger tournament, ranking of opposition, number of sets/games dropped. Maybe someone has a better idea?

Last edited by Archer16 : Feb 1st, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote