TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

View Single Post

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:09 AM   #63
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
I don't get why people say this. She is so jealous and petty of other people receiving attention that she will make sure to do whatever she can in her power to make sure they don't get it again. Is that supposed to be a compliment?
Nobody said that except for you...

The quote you responded to said, "I can only imagine Serena's motivation the next time they face each other". Are you new to tennis? Are you not aware that typically when Serena suffers a loss she's extra motivated to avenge that loss the next time around. And this is escalated when someone beats her in a major.

I won't even bother bringing up the injury because in sports that part of the game...

In the prediction thread I commented that playing Sloane could be tricky because of the friend dynamic- Serena doesn't play against her friends as fiercely as she does against her rivals. I'm sure all the attention she's received because of the win hasn't gone unnoticed by Rena. I don't think Rena cares one way or the other truthfully but all the attention will naturally add to the hype the next time these two face each other and those kinds of matches are what Serena thrives on.

The bigger the stakes and the more focus, the more determined Serena is- and I think that's what people are trying to say. It isn't nearly as sinister as you twist it (or want it) to be.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote