TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!!

View Single Post

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #148
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Stats say Petra (and Stefi) both played pretty well.
If that first set TB went the other way, my prematch prediction might have come true.
But Petra's big first serves bailed her out at crucial points.
Onward to better things!

Wow, the stats looked better than Petra played. However, I missed the first set, that she won 4-0. Plus, Petra was up 3-1 in the 2nd set as well.

Voegele didn't deserve to win the first set (she was down 4-0), so I can't give your prediction much credence, regarding the tie break.

It may be a good omen, she put up these stats vs a very scrappy player, when so many of us know she didn't play that great, and at times looked mechanical and UN-instinctive (like she was trying to re-gain it).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote