TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 - 2/8 - Julia from Paris to Miami

View Single Post

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #67
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Julia from Paris to Miami 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
That guy (referring to mk, we all are in quite a tussle with him TBH) is saying Julia gave away the second set against Li Na in Australia carelessly after the close first set. I was telling him that this is not true. IMO it's quite common on the tour that a favourite eases away with the second set if the underdog (in this case Julia) lets her chances slip to win the first set. However, he made it sound like there was some deliberate throwing in the towel-attitude and I never saw that against Li.
To get the things right for Suckmila -

For my part it`s pretty clear what MK 27 actually wanted to tell in his post.
He was first of all annoyed by the result which is reasonable looking at the easily wasted chance that Julia had to win the first set and give this match a different outcome. Therefore he was talking about a throwing in a towell.

Your German answer was about something different.

You tried to analyze the match from your point of view and mention a "mental hole in which Julia was falling, but she was not throwing the match" as the main point for her loss also refering on your experience as a tennis player.

I think there is just a (not quite unintended) misunderstanding.

Last edited by joy division : Jan 30th, 2013 at 05:54 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote