TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #4703
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Will he also be modelling the 'Caroline Wozniacki' line?
Because of my known bias against European futbollers,I was waiting for a more impartial voice to post almost those exact words

This next part is a free-for-all for ANYone with input:

Are there schools in your country where a student can fail an introductory course(even miserably so)...and then take a more advanced course in the same field the following semester??Before everyone jumps to the conclusion that we haven't made any improvements since the bastard Spaniard royalists left a huge mess 200 years ago,some of our better universities don't permit such odd-looking advancements.For the high schools and colleges that DO,they generally have a limit that a student may not graduate with 3 failed courses...so,in those cases,he/she must re-take one of the failures or pass a special,difficult make-up exam that demonstrates no less than a basic mastery of the course material.

Even so,it seemed very strange to me when I first encountered that after having grown up in a different system.It feels absurd when a student who scored 10% on her final exam--and rarely showed up to class--is taking a higher-level course which requires greater comprehension

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!