Re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without consent
Originally Posted by pov
Yeah IMO that is very
f**ked up! But of course only nutters think that there are "conspiracies."
On a tangent, I wonder why more women in the US who use birth-control don't opt for injections.
The Shot (Depo-Provera)
* Cost $30-$75 every 3 months, plus exam Cost
* What it is An injectable method of birth control that contains progestin and is prescription only
* How it works The hormone prevents ovulation, thickens cervical mucus, and alters the uterine lining.
* Who it's for Breastfeeding moms who don't want to get pregnant for 2-3 years; those who can't take estrogen.
* Downside Irregular bleeding may result. Can also cause temporary bone thinning; discuss this with your doctor if you're at risk for osteoporosis.
* Use it without fail, and it's 99.9 percent effective. If you're late for a shot, that number falls to 97 percent.
Because, many women don't take birth control to prevent pregnancy, the pill has many applications. Not least of which is to regulate an irregular period.
"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox