TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Konjuh

Thread: Ana Konjuh
View Single Post

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1570
country flag crotennis2

crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Btw I just ran into stats of the singles final match, so here are some highlights...

- Siniakova outaced Ana 6 to 4, but had a miserable 35% of first serve (which obviously gave Ana many opportunities to attack), while Ana had really nice 67%

- Ana's fastest serve was 181, while Siniakova was also impressive at 179 km/h

- Ana won 8 out of 11 points played from the net, while Siniakova didn't win any of the 3 she attempted

- Ana created 6 break point opportunities and took 3, while Siniakova won her only one

- while Ana made several winners more (16-10), she made almost as many unforced errors as Siniakova, and it's quite worrysome in the face of upcoming pro matches that she can make 27 unforced errors in a junior match that went on for just 19 games; yes, she has an agressive playing style and that brings the error count up, but it's still quite a lot - luckily Siniakova made 31 so she helped in that department too

All in all, some really interesting bits of info there. If anyone knows something I missed, feel free to add.

Younger players can be making so many errors better they make shots than be so conversative so young. Juniors are getting better this years.
crotennis2 is offline View My Blog!