TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Konjuh

Thread: Ana Konjuh
View Single Post

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1568
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Btw I just ran into stats of the singles final match, so here are some highlights...

- Siniakova outaced Ana 6 to 4, but had a miserable 35% of first serve (which obviously gave Ana many opportunities to attack), while Ana had really nice 67%

- Ana's fastest serve was 181, while Siniakova was also impressive at 179 km/h

- Ana won 8 out of 11 points played from the net, while Siniakova didn't win any of the 3 she attempted

- Ana created 6 break point opportunities and took 3, while Siniakova won her only one

- while Ana made several winners more (16-10), she made almost as many unforced errors as Siniakova, and it's quite worrysome in the face of upcoming pro matches that she can make 27 unforced errors in a junior match that went on for just 19 games; yes, she has an agressive playing style and that brings the error count up, but it's still quite a lot - luckily Siniakova made 31 so she helped in that department too

All in all, some really interesting bits of info there. If anyone knows something I missed, feel free to add.
ma re is offline View My Blog!