TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #2024
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Petra plays in FC 1r
It's official.

Petra doesn't want to win or be a top player (at least at the moment), and we should lower our expectations regarding her near term goals and results.

Hey, if she can return back to high form, plus play Fed Cup (or use Fed Cup to re-gain form and confidence), Great! Knock yourself out Petra. I'd be impressed.

However, Petra playing Fed Cup tells me more about her lack of commitment, to her overall game (or the persuasive/guilt abilities of Mr. Cernosek), than anything else.

Petra needs to work on so many facets of her game right now. Even if she plays well at Fed Cup, and there's a carry over: It won't teach Petra how to practice well, and win matches--when her game is not on and she lacks confidence, the way things are now.

Petra's too hit and miss at the moment. And she can't keep relying on throwing away segments of the season, until she's ready or gets hot again. She needs to practice/re-gain her consistency, and how to play smarter, early when it's not there. She's been terrible at that her past three tournaments.

If she wants to be a top player (which she may not at the moment), she really needs to get out the Czech Republic and/or change her manager for sure. I understand she's Patriotic or nice; but geesh!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote