TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #538
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
AO was only an ok tournament for Caroline. She can`t be happy with a R4 exit

Kuznetsova was close to her best form, very motivated to beat Caroline. The biggest difference in the match was the serve. Kuznetsova`s serve was a weapon, Caroline`s serve a weakness. Kuznetsova always attacked Caro`s weak serve. Horrible 1st set from Caroline. A set to forget. Caroline played very well in 2nd set and in 3rd set until 5-4. Then unfortunately lost the next 3 games and the match. Kuznetsova was simply mentally stronger than Caroline, this used to be the other way around. Overall a rather high quality match. Some amazing backhand winners from Caroline. Also nice stats. Caro had 23 Winners, 22 UEs. Kuznetsova 52 Winners, 41 UEs.
Don't forget those 2 well-timed MTOs that Kuz took on her way to this pyrrhic victory. I agree about the wasted 1st set though. It just slipped through Caro's hands and even though she then won the following set I never had the feeling she was on the way to win the entire match.
As for Kuz game, she did so much better at the net. This is one of the things that Caro should really improve, she never came up with effective defense to stop Kuznetsova when she went to the net. No good passing shots or lobs to save her life
marineblue is offline View My Blog!