TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Best match of ALL-TIME? (Poll included!)

View Single Post

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #36
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best match of ALL-TIME? (Poll included!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
The last two options are trolling, butt the fact that someone picked this year's US Open final - and that they were most likely serious - slays me

The 1985 final is another great one. I've watched a lot of Evert/Navratilova matches and that one is head and shoulders above anything else they produced.

Agree that the 85 French Final was a classic, and many fans believe that this is the best Evert/Navratilova match. However, not sure whether you have seen the 1979 Eastbourne F which Evert won 7-5, 5-7, 13-11. It is an incredible match, where both girls hit that ball so hard and accurately with those wood racquets.

Here's a link to the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfkm6dk1AMQ

This gets my vote as the greatest women's match. I wish it had been the match that decided the Wimbledon Final that year, but Chris just couldn't bring it at Wimbledon.
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote