TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO13: So would you say the women's final was more enjoyable than the men's?

View Single Post

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #43
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO13: So would you say the women's final was more enjoyable than the men's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtftennis View Post
I voted for womens. To me it was a crushed young talented player coming in who had to defend herself against a nototious mob. From the press to the disrespectful crowd, rigged draws, etc. All for no reason just absurd allegations because of the hate for a player, and promote asian tennis by helping Li Na win who got the experience of the other side of the coin: Supportive crowd, supportive media, cake walk draw. (note: initially I was rooting for Li Na from the beginning)

You could see a broken down Vica in contrast to a confident Li Na when walking to the arena. The first set reflected this as Vica constantly hit the net, made easy UF errors, that we never saw before. CLearly the dirty playbook was working. However what made this match great was this young talent in Azarenka sprouting from the second set to the third, her vigor, concentration, and confidence came back. You could see it in the intensity in her eyes when Li Na was serving to her, that she was ready, she wasn't going to give it to them, she had to soul search hard to find her game again. She thought back and won the match. Tears pouring out because she knew she knew what she had just achieved.

I couldn't be more happier with both the mens and womens results. Because I like to see the best players rewarded, and thats what happened imo. Although Murray played great tennis as well, I'm sure he will improve.
You make her sound like Pollyana or Little Orphan Annie!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote