TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #55
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATPova returns to stay undefeated in Doha!

Well looking at her clay titles and defending them I think she'll struggle the most with Stuttgart, it's not like the other clay tournaments, and if she didnt have her serve working she wouldn't have won last year. Rome has been pretty good these last few years, particularly in that she's also had some good serving performances, she had her first 0 DF match since surgery in 2011 there. Also it's proper red clay, so a lot of her main competitors will struggle like Radwanska and Azarenka to make the F. RG is also a pretty good chance for her to go deep too, despite the wind which she dealt with pretty well last year.

For me ranking wise, Serena is the only one who'll gain until clay events begin, then Azarenka won't suddenly be a clay GOAT so she won't gain any points, maybe lose some considering she has Stuttgart and Madrid F points.

Then is where it gets interesting. Maria has Wimbledon where she can improve a lot, and her and Vika also have the American HC events to gain points on Serena too. Of course from then on it'll be pretty much the same as last year, so it should be interesting who will end up no.1