TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #4943
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

but its only a ranking
Honestly, it feels right to have Maria as #3 given Serena's 2 slams, YEC and Olympics and Azarenka's however many titles plus AO. Still #1 in our hearts though.

I'm actually kind of glad she's #3 because I hope it lights a fire and motivates her. I know it means she is guaranteed to potentailly meet either one of Azarenka or Serena in SFs, but I think it could be the push she needs to step it up in the later rounds compared to her AO campaign, where she seemed to really take the foot off the pedal after R3 vs. Venus. Having to deal with them in SFsmight mean she doesn't take the later rounds too lightly or for granted (I think Hoggy said that the R3 was the toughest match for her in the AO before the final, which in retrospect was dumb, and that mentality showed in Maria's reaction to that win).

This could just be me rationalizing though.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!