TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #48
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATPova returns to stay undefeated in Doha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
But she played in Paris last year
Yes, and by her own admittance she was there to do some shopping and played some tennis (in semi-tank mode) on the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Doha isnt Paris or Moscow to have -10-20C...
And wind was least of her problem in last 13 months.
The pessimism is on point though.
I was referring more to her going from the Australian climate to the States, rather than going to Doha. It's not just something exclusive to Maria either -- I've heard a lot of players get ill after the AO, because their immune systems are run down after a Slam anyway and it's compounded by the sudden change in climates and jetlag.

I just don't see what she has to gain from playing Doha tbh Even if she wins, it's a relatively meaningless title, it's not like this is a warm-up for anything. (And that's even ignoring the wind factor which probably means she wouldn't win it anyway.) Plus, let's not forget how gassed she was at Wimbledon last year -- obviously ideally we all want her to have as good (and therefore as tiring) a claycourt season as last year, so imo it would be a good idea to conserve as much energy as possible now, seeing as from March onwards it's pretty much nonstop until July I dunno, just if I was in her shoes it would seem to be to have quite a lot of drawbacks with not even much of an upside in a best case scenario.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote