TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #526
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Yes I agree with the first two sentences in particular. The specific difference of opinion I have to most posters here is that I think she played very well against Sveta. You and many others have a different opinion and say the same things about her in that match as in other matches - can't win pressure points and bemoan "she didn't take advantage.." So that the only consideration seems to be whether she actually wins a match regardless how she played. Also I think you posted you don't think she played well against Sveta which we just have completely different opinions.
Its more than win or lose. I thought Caroline played a weak 1st set.
I've seen this so often now, where Caroline starts a big match like she's not ready. She did that a year ago vs Kim. Against Kanepi she was down 16 15!!
Begu 26 26. She gave Sveta the 1st set without a fight. Vika was down 14 and fought back and Sveta lost 11 of the last 13 games. She lost in 2 to Kerber also.
Caroline has to fight it out the whole match. She doesnt anymore. Maybe mentally, she cant do it anymore.
Once players like Ivanovic or Sveta or Kanepi are up a set, they have a lot more fight in them. Especially against someone who seems like they fell off a cliff mentally. They all see what we see. That Caro is not the mentally tough player she used to be.

We disagree, but its one match. Lets see if she can become a contender at these next 4 hardcourt Premiers/Mandatories.

One thing Caroline has: is time. If she can slowly get back into the mix at the elite level, opportunities (like Vika just took advantage of) will be there
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!