TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which player's name is toughest for you to pronounce?

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #55
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which player's name is toughest for you to pronounce?

To me German and Italian names are quite easy to pronounce for instance "Errani" or "Görges" and in Finnish and Swedish alphabet last two letters are ä and ö. I think German is more logical language to pronounce than English, but the German grammar is more complicated starting with 3 genders (der, das, die) and some other tricky things.

I would say that some French names are more difficult to pronounce because there seem to be lots of letters at the end of the name that disappears somewhere. If Bordeaux was a Finnish city, the letter X would be pronounce as clearly as X (Ks) in the words six or sex.

On the other hand some East European names are just hard to remember correctly like Pavlyuchenkova.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote