TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #525
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The important thing is that Caro took a huge step backward at an age where Vika & Aga were slowly improving, under the radar.
Its probably not an accident that Petra & Caro look lost, while Vika & Aga (who didnt win a major or get to #1) where able to improve without huge expectations.
Vika & Aga handled their 2012 success well, and they are both playing well. Major difference this year so far is that Li was in Aga's quarter & was healthy and in top form for that match.

Both Caro and Petra have to pull themselves together, both mentally & gamewise, and get back in the mix. They were the top 2 young players of 2011.
Obviously not easy. Both of them look like they are mentally struggling big time
Not easy, but you have to make the most of every opportunity, and Caroline, with only 5 match wins in the last 4 majors) is not taking advantage of her situations
Yes I agree with the first two sentences in particular. The specific difference of opinion I have to most posters here is that I think she played very well against Sveta. You and many others have a different opinion and say the same things about her in that match as in other matches - can't win pressure points and bemoan "she didn't take advantage.." So that the only consideration seems to be whether she actually wins a match regardless how she played. Also I think you posted you don't think she played well against Sveta which we just have completely different opinions.

My biggest fear by far is that her match against Sveta was a one off and she reverts to her norm in her slump with loads of UEs and nothing to compensate for them. But where I seem to differ from people here is that I would be delighted if she could keep the level up that she played against Sveta and have no doubt she would start winning more and make the YEC and that can have it's own momentum. And that to me is the most important thing rather than she was simply unable to convert the match into a win this time..

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!