TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which player's name is toughest for you to pronounce?

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #54
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which player's name is toughest for you to pronounce?

I sometimes struggle with a few of the Eastern European names that have some consonants together which we never see in English. Those like "Kv" and "Hl" in the Czech names "Kvitova" and "Hlavackova". I can say these of course, but they're probably the "trickiest" ones for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Can someone explain to me why so many people tend to pronounce Petra's name like "Ki-vi-to-va"?
Because we don't have that Kv sound in English. So most people need to put a vowel sound in between them to be able pronounce it. Really it's not so hard if you practice it a few times. Just put your lips in a V position while saying K.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote