TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Australian Open Draws and Results [2013]

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #313
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open Draws and Results [2013]

Amazing January - 3 tournament wins and another Gran Slam title

It's been an amazing first month of the year 2013 for the world's top doubles team Ruflina Taliamanosko and Jennifer Casanova. They came into the Australian Open with two titles under their belt (Shenzhen, Sydney) and were the favourites to win the title in Melbourne Park.

In the finals, they played the doubles pair of multiple Grand Slam champions Elise Mesane and Ella Felivitch, who upset several great doubles pairs to reach the finals in Melbourne. But they were defeated in two tight sets by Taliamanosko and Casanova, who gained their fourth Grand Slam title together. During the press conference, thy expressed their happiness:

"It's been an amazing January for us here in Australia. First, winning the doubles title in Shenzhen, a place we've never been to before. Afterwards, getting our second title in a row in Sydney. This title was especially important for me, as I've never played well in Sydney at all. But winning Melbourne was at the top of everything. I reached the finals here a couple of years ago with Sylvia Landman, who's retired now. We had a strange January during that time, reaching the finals of Auckland, Hobart and the Australian Open, but couldn't win a title at all. Now Ruffy and I played three tournaments here and won three titles. I'm looking forward to a great 2013 with Ruffy. Our success in doubles helps a lot for my singles game. I was very dissapointed with my singles season in 2012, couldn't even win a singles title. But I had some good performances here in Australia and defended all my points from last year. So I'm looking forward to the new season. I've several goals: winning a singles title (I would like to win Memphis finally after all those years I reached the finals there), as well as have some good results at the Grand Slam tournaments. The Wimbledon doubles title is the only one missing, so that's a goal for me as well. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. Let's see and wait how will I perfom in the upcoming weeks."
S-T-E-V-E is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote