TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Who Would Have Won 2013 AO Without The Injuries to Serena, Jamie, Viktoria and Na ???

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #35
country flag danbo

danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future
Re: Who Would Have Won 2013 AO Without The Injuries to Serena, Jamie, Viktoria and Na

a lot of butt hurt here I see. Including me. I feel fully justified after that, the ugliest AO womens final ever. The number of injuries was just RIDICULOUS. 2006 can't be compared to this. Difference : any of Amelie, Henin or Clijsters were good enough to win that year. No injuries, Serena probably would have beaten Li in the final in two error filled tough sets like 7-5 6-4. Jamie had Azarenka running for her life in the second round until she hurt her back. Thereafter every ball Jamie hit hurt her. I hope Jamie conducts good injury management and fixes that back problem. Azarenka, playing like this, isn't going to be in contention for a slam title this year, she will not even be winning any final either unless she seriously raises her game. I believe Serena also had THREE injuries like Li. She rolled her ankle the second time in doubles, if I heard right. Li, if she believes in herself and keeps working with Carlos, is definitely in slam contention this year. After all that bad luck here, let Li win the French and let Serena win US-Wim or there's no justice! LOL

But hey, even with that horrible tournament, the women's side is still much more interesting for me than the dull guys after shotmakers like Fed, Jo and Stan lose. If Murray wins today - after about 8 hours of pong - probably a three slam year for him...
danbo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote