TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #217
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Actually Maria was using more spin on her shots and has been since Hoggy came onto the scene. In fact it looked glorious on the FH at times with the consistent depth she was getting. The problem is when she is off she's using the spin but not hitting through and the balls just last so short. There's a lot of positives to be taken from her play this AO and we aren't always going to see the benefits straight away.

About the mentality, I've rarely legitimately questioned it but that was what was wrong in the SF. No fistpumps, no come on shouts, no intensity. That said, everyone can have completely flat days so I would wait to see whether or not it becomes a consistent issue before really getting into it.

There was a lot of play from Maria that looked a whole lot better than what we seen last year, as dsanders points out pretty often Hoggy has a long term plan for Maria and is great at improving her as a player. People need to accept that Maria just doesn't have the consistency to play all out flat bashing anymore or at least she shouldn't go back to it for a while yet, she's much more versatile as a player these days. Until I stop seeing improvements then she should stick with Thomas.