TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #2440
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
I was thinking about what I'd call her gamestyle earlier, and she almost is just a aggressive pusher. She has great defence and court speed, and she uses her awareness on the court to manoeuvre her opponents to be stretched out enough so the big hitters can't get big cuts on the ball. She's also aggressive enough to beat the lesser girls easily. In 2009 I saw her as a BBB, but she's changed herself to become essentially a powerful Wozniacki.
I'm just quoting this but it's essentially to reply to all posts about Vika's game.

Yeah, when you watch her, you aren't really WOWED even at her best. She has a great advantage in her consistent level though, lower ranked players are NOT going to beat her unless she has a horrible day and they play GOATly tennis. Her only competition is Maria and Serena really, Serena owns her yes, but still to beat Vika even they have to play pretty close to their best tennis. If they do that they will beat her pretty comfortably but they aren't going to beat Vika if she's playing well and they aren't.

So once Maria and Serena are out of a tournament you may as well hand her the trophy. It certainly does help her that the current 'elite' group of players has 3 members whereas in past year you had Henin, Maria, Venus, Serena, Kim, Davenport ALL to deal with and then you had players like Svetla and Dementieva behind them.