TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* Players on the WTA Tour

View Single Post

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1297
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* Players on the WTA Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
This is my updated list (I will update from time to time):

I would consider not only results which are obviosly most important criteria, but the impact that player has in the world of tennis to:

1) Serena WILLIAMS - THE MAMA, absolutely the best female tennis player of all times
2) Venus WILLIAMS - One of the greatest of all times
3) Maria SHARAPOVA - Golden slam, former #1, worldwide superstar
4) Victoria AZARENKA - Most promising player of this generation, #1 at the moment, 2 GS titles
5) Ana IVANOVIC - GS winner, former #1, worldwide superstar, the most beautiful player of all times
6) Svetlana KUZNETSOVA - Two-time GS winner, former #2, very persistent player in the past
7) Na LI - GS winner and multiple finalist, first Asian player to win a GS, big impact on tennis development in Asia
8) Petra KVITOVA - GS winner, former #2, one of the most promising players of this generation
9) Samantha STOSUR - GS winner, Ausie superstar
10) Caroline WOZNIACKI - former #1, numerous WTA titles despite defensive tennis
11) Francesca SCHIAVONE - GS winner, one of the best personalities at the court
12) Agnieszka RADWANSKA - GS finalist, former #2
13) Vera ZVONAREVA - Multiple GS finalist, former #2
14) Jelena JANKOVIC - GS finalist, former #1
15) Kimiko DATE KRUMM - Multiple GS semifinalist, the oldest active player ever on WTA tour
16) Marion BARTOLI - GS finalist, persistent player
17) Nadia PETROVA - One of the most persistent WTA players, former #3
18) Angelique KERBER - Best German tennis player, one of the most promising at the moment, top 5
19) Jelena DOKIC - former #4, one of the most controversial life stories on WTA tour
20) Sara ERRANI - GS finalist, one of the best Italian players ever

And didn't you argue in the other thread that Ana is greater than Vika because according to you, she's had a bigger overall influence on the world of tennis?
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote