TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #512
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Not talking about their achievements. I'm not knocking those in any way. What I don't like about them is that those three players have been the worst culprits at pulling out of tournaments late that they have committed to. I remember a few years back Serena pulling out with an injury excue and going surfing that week. She was always withdrawing. Just to be clear - I'm not talking about the times they withdraw for a bone fide injury. But when they've done it for tactical purposes. That's what I don't like. That to me is akin to being let down by tradesman who say they will come on a certan day and don't turn up. And that is unprofessional as far as I'm concerned.

All very well and good. What's it to do with Caro? Well what I was trying to say in agreement with Bruce is that that if Caro makes a committment - she has an attitude of meeting it unless injured. But when she sees those three who she gets on well with withdrawing ... All I'm saying is that in the company of those players - I hope she doesn't change in this respect and become like them in breaking a committment in such a cavalier fashion.
I think as you get older, your body doesnt let you honor your commitments.
If Caroline was still in the race for #1, still playing long grueling matches, all week, she would have to pull out of tournaments, or lose early at some of them.
This is still sports, and the champions are the ones honored and criticized and dissected. Caroline backed off from that level, she has a lot of easy weeks the last 18 months.
If she had those grueling weeks, she couldnt honor all those commitments, at least not with a full week of quality tennis. You saw her schedule coming up. Caro of 2010 results, but older couldnt make that whole list
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!