TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #510
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Maria & Serena were both in hospitals, their careers in doubt. They both came back all the way to the top.
Vika is in her 3rd slam final in 12 months. Played great the 1st two finals.
They have done a lot that people should appreciate.

Caroline's current situation is not a sad story. She has youth, health, beauty, money, fame. Just lacks the Hall of Fame career. But its still early. If she doesnt get future on court success, it wasnt meant to be. It takes tremendous mental toughness to stay at the top.

But these current top 3 have been awesome in their high level consistency. They've been in 7 slam finals in a row, and Olympic Gold medal match and last 2 YEC finals
Not talking about their achievements. I'm not knocking those in any way. What I don't like about them is that those three players have been the worst culprits at pulling out of tournaments late that they have committed to. I remember a few years back Serena pulling out with an injury excue and going surfing that week. She was always withdrawing. Just to be clear - I'm not talking about the times they withdraw for a bone fide injury. But when they've done it for tactical purposes. That's what I don't like. That to me is akin to being let down by tradesman who say they will come on a certan day and don't turn up. And that is unprofessional as far as I'm concerned.

All very well and good. What's it to do with Caro? Well what I was trying to say in agreement with Bruce is that that if Caro makes a committment - she has an attitude of meeting it unless injured. But when she sees those three who she gets on well with withdrawing ... All I'm saying is that in the company of those players - I hope she doesn't change in this respect and become like them in breaking a committment in such a cavalier fashion.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!