TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Womens Tennis in General

View Single Post

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #5047
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

I thought Jimmie48 was a very good fan of Caroline's. We were in a lot of GM threads together, arguing with haters that because Caro had not won a major, nothing she did was worthy of praise.
He enjoys that more than I do. Vika has her haters too.
I dont want to do GM again, except for obvious stuff, until I see Caroline playing smart and using her skillset. That was what I was arguing about.
When she started playing wildly on her forehand side, I didnt understand it, and I still dont.
She didnt realize she won because she played great defense & had a great backhand?
I thought Caroline should have been working on improving her defense to offense game. That includes short lobs by her opponents, and short balls and net play.
I dont see any improvement there, but I saw a lot of forehand errors early in points.
I think its a shame, because these soft draws were going to happen for Caroline if she stayed the course, and kept her steady foundation, while improving the things she still needs to improve. It could have happened, because Caroline was only losing to older players at the hardcourt majors. Kim, Li, Serena were most of the losses.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote