TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #216
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
you are right, in fact I wasnt talking about kick serves or slice backhand but about the use of easier shots like topspin shots. At some points in the past she started to use them to get back in position in long rallies (RG 2007?) but since she became a better athlete she stopped to use this kind of shot again. Damn today before the injury Nanà was already out of focus simply because Vika started to hit topspin balls with high trajectory... this is what Maria is unable to do, and actually is the only kind of shot that Serena is unwilling to play

So for instance this is a kind of shot she can hit, she simply stopped using it. Na Li under Thomas' coaching became a better athlete too but was Rodriguez the one who changed partially her game imho. I think that training Maria is hell tough but still she isnt improving anymore while she can do a lot more imho
Yes, adding more topspin to her shots is another great suggestion. There’s so little margin for error in Maria’s endless barrage of hard flat groundstrokes. If timing is just a little off in a match, the mistakes start piling up in a hurry and things can get one-sided in a flash. Topspin would allow her to have more time to get in better position and to work the point where she can be more selective in unleashing one of her power shots. The change of pace would also keep her opponent more out of rhythm and make them more wary of what Maria’s doing out there. She just needs to find more patience out there and not be afraid to get into rallies and think a point through.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote