TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Australian Open Draws and Results [2013]

View Single Post

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #292
Joseosu19

Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future
Re: Australian Open Draws and Results [2013]

Excerpts from Giuseppina Benedetti's post match interview after doubles loss with Torres to Casanova/Taliamanosoko

On the match:
"It was a tough match, I played poorly and that was the difference. I think part of it was my mind was still thinking about [the attack]. Part of it was I wanted to beat [Ruflina] so badly. Part of it was I just didn't play my best. I feel bad for Regla. I let her down a bit. People wanted to make the match about me and Ruflina, but really it was Jennifer and Regla who took over. They both played excellently, while Ruflina and I were hitting errors. Ultimately, they're so experienced and such a good team that if you have one player not playing your best you can't beat them."

On the feud with Ruflina Taliamanosoko:
"It is what it is. We're both past it I think. I have my opinion of her and her flunkies, she has her opinion of me. Even though I like Jennifer, I am certainly not cheering for them to win the title, but if they do it will be because they deserve it."

On Anna Kendall:
"I won't comment but I will say talk about being coo-coo for cocoa puffs. That girls is a certified nut job. She claims I didn't get attacked, yet you all saw it. She claims it wasn't her boyfriend, but yet she has been seen with him in public many times. She says I am just trying to get attention because no one pays me any [laughs]. Seriously? Has she looked in the mirror? Then she insults my tennis. She hasn't won a title. She is ranked outside the top 40. And she dresses like it is 1999 half the time."

On what's next:
"It was a solid first grandslam of the year, but I definitely expect to do better for the rest of the year. I think this new attitude is suiting me well. I will be a grandslam singles champion soon."
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario Always #1
Joseosu19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote