TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 1983

Thread: 1983
View Single Post

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #50
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: 1983

I think this is the VS of Dallas...

EVERT SOLVES HARD-HITTING PFAFF
The Miami Herald
Friday, March 11, 1983
UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL

Chris Evert Lloyd was not prepared for such a powerful serve from German Eva Pfaff, but the second-ranked women's tennis player in the world managed to adjust and come out like a champion.

Pfaff, ranked 29th in the world, took the first set, 6-3, but Evert won the following two sets 6-3, 6-3 and the second- round match in the $150,000 Virgina Slims Tournament Wednesday.

The pivotal game came in the third set when Pfaff had gone ahead by after her second serve. Evert came back from a 3-0 deficit to bring the match to deuce four times before finally winning the game to tie the set at 2-2.

Evert began capitalizing on Pfaff errors to take the last four games.

"I didn't expect that tough of a serve," Evert said. "She was sending bullets. She hits harder than anyone, I'm sure. Her service is the best part of her game. Her second serve is harder than my first serve."

In adjusting her game to match Pfaff's booming volleys, Evert had some difficulty with her own serve, double-faulting six times during the match.

"I think that's a record for me." Evert said. "I was coming down on the ball, ducking it, until I figured that out in the third set."

Though Pfaff, 22, gave Evert a fight, she insisted she did not play well.

"From the beginning, I thought I had a chance," said Pfaff. "Unfortunately, I missed a lot of easy shots throughout the whole match."
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote