TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #494
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
If she does reach some SF, F *fingers crossed* in Doha/Dubai, she could become 'injured' for Malaysia. Same for I/W /Miami and Charleston .. Not that I have much hope, she'll start doing like everyone else and fake injuries, when they don't want to play a tournament.
Pretty much none of my other favorite sports have this problem,but let's take a hypothetical scenario,that's not totally 100% analogous,from boxing.Obviously,if a boxer cancelled a title fight,claiming injury,and then went off to the beach with his gf,lots of folks would be understandably furious...and a champ could even be stripped of his title if fraud were reasonably proven

I can understand where the WTA would want to discourage cavalier commitment to events...and punish selfish,bitchy divas who cancelled on whims.To me,it's not rocket science: You plan a schedule that you KNOW you can maintain...if you'd like to add something,then good luck getting a WC,but you don't get a free pass on skipping the event you'd committed to just because you're more worn out from playing the previously-unplanned event...so you've got to take that into account when contemplating adding something on.

If you're merely sore and wanna cancel,TOUGH SHIT!Rugby and hockey players get plenty sore and manage to carry on.If you have a legit yet minor injury,but one with a fair chance of getting exacerbated,then I have no beef with exaggerating the severity of it somewhat to skip a tournament.To ME,that's in an entirely different spirit than completely concocting a B.S. phantom injury that doesn't exist.

Though I wish that she scheduled a bit more prudently,I'm proud of Caro for holding on to her integrity and honor in that area.It's a stark contrast with certain others who will go nameless here

@Protoss and CW,thanks for the scheduling info

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!