TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #804
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastya View Post
I've read the full Sloane's interview, this journalists with their questions just
Indeed very nice and classy from Sloane, I'm really starting to like this girl
Yeah, they asked some really pathetic questions.

Quote:
Q. What did you think when she took the long medical break at the end?

Q. We had the impression it was for her to calm herself down a bit instead of a physical problem. Was that the impression you got?

Q. She said she felt overwhelmed, she couldn't breathe, she had chest pains. She was describing basically a panic attack. If it was nerves or not a tweaked ankle or knee, does that bother you?

Q. You don't want to use that as kind of a reason for why the match didn't go your way?

Q. You've had quite a few people take medical timeouts this tournament. Do you think there are players abusing the system?

Q. Would you feel comfortable leaving the court for nine minutes having just blown five match points?

Q. Did you lose momentum in those 10 minutes while you were sitting there waiting for her?

Q. Has she said anything to you? On TV she was pretty outspoken about the fact that it wasn't your conventional physical break. Has she apologized or in any way conveyed anything to you about that?

Q. It was a breathing problem. Do you feel it may have been some gamesmanship on her part at that point in time?
Hats off to Sloane. She earned my full respect for the way she reacted in that situation.

PS: Don't want to predict a result for the final. There are simply too many unknowns but I hope Vika comes into that match with her peak pissed-off attitude.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!