TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #2348
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
TBH I am disappointed. I didn't watch but didn't expect such a beating... Is she going back to the period when Li Na took the better of her? And now we have Li, Serena, Vika... who else??
Well, I like Na as much as Maria. So while I was disappointed for Masha I was also happy for Li. But I admit that the only thing I'm disappointed about is the margin of Li's win. If it had been a competitive match with both playing at or near their best it would have been a case of, "ok, both were good, but someone has to win in the end. This time it was Na, perhaps next time it will be Maria." But the disappointing thing from Maria's perspective is that Li played her best tennis in the matches where it mattered most (against Aga and Maria) while Maria played her best tennis against non-contenders while she played by her standards pretty poorly towards the business end of the tournament. Despite the convincing score she was already less impressive against Makarova than in earlier rounds while Li Na totally outplayed her.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote