TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #2344
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Still gutted, it was hers to lose.

I wouldn't be annoyed if Li had played her usual game of trying to outhit Maria, because when she does that she can outhit anyone á la Rome before the choke. What has me gutted is that Li played high % which as shit as Maria played still allowed her more than ample opportunities to take most of the games. It's that Maria didn't mentally turn up that has me disappointed, didn't hear a C'MON! once and any fistpumps were only half fistpumps after staring at the line for a while to make sure it was good, no confidence whatsoever.

I have to compliment Li though, the intelligent tactics really worked against Maria in that form and she has to be commended for not resulting to bashing UEs. The only thing that concerns me is the long term success of these tactics, as I said Maria had lots of opportunities in that match. If she had have been on I'm not sure Li's play would have worked very well.