TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #481
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Realistically she only cost herself one ranking spot and 220 ranking points by not beating Kuznetsova as I think Caro almost certainly would have lost to Vika in the quarters.

Her early losses in Brisbane and Sydney don't really matter as far as the rankings go as she would have had to get past the quarters to gain points and in the process have to beat Vika in Brisbane and Kerber in Sydney, neither of which was likely.
I think she could have done a lot better in those events and get past QF.
As far as Vika and Kerber are concerned, I think they are difficult but beatable opponents for Caro even at this point. It's worse when it comes to the likes of Sharapova or Serena. Anyway, I'd like to see some of these challenging match-ups in near future. Fingers crossed that Caro returns to the spotlight (and not just thanks to Rory...).
marineblue is offline View My Blog!