TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #480
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I'm not concerned about the ranking at all. What the top players do is get thru their draws.
Aga won Miami and was in the Wimbledon final last year. Sharapova won FO and was in a lot of big finals (Olympics, AO, IW, Miami, Beijing, YEC)
Both Maria & Aga were blown off the court by Li.
But the rest of the tour has no chance because they cant get thru draws.
Players like Goerges or Kirilenko are good enough to be top 15, but you never see them in these big matches. Thats where Caroline is now.
You never see her in a big match. Biggest match since USO SF in 2011 (about 16 months ago) was AO QF (year ago) & Miami SF.
She used to be like Aga, in a lot of big matches.
Until she can get thru players like Sveta, Goerges, Ivanovic, Paszek, Kanepi, this will continue.

She should have played Vika twice & Kerber this January, but she loses to noncontenders
I know she's trying hard, but so is everyone else. And when players face Caroline, they know they are playing someone who loses these matches. Sveta played those matches like she knew she had chances. Then lost in 2 sets to Kerber & Vika
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!