TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO Chat Thread

Thread: AO Chat Thread
View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1363
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
As I wrote on Twitter, ATP is a 3-man exclusive club. But I also think that, say, Tsonga (or for example Del Potro) when he plays like yesterday vs. Roger, could easily beat Ferrer.
Yes, I agree. Behind the big four (if we stll include Nadal) there's another group of four who in their turn are as much in front of everyone else as they are behind the big four. The second (almost) big four are Ferrer, Tsonga, delPotro and Berdych. Of those four Ferrer is the most consistent which is why ranking wise he does the best of them. He rarely plays below a certain level, but he never really rises above himself either. The other three are less consistent, but their peaks are higher than Ferrer's and on a good day they can beat anyone. That's why the QF or at the most SF is the ceiling for Ferrer. But he will make it there more regularly than the other three. But the other three have a minor chance of going all the way whereas barring miracles Ferrer has really none whatsoever. But when you consider what he brings to the table Ferrer is having the best career of all of them because he maximises his talent if anything he's overachieving, something that we arguably can't say about the other three.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote