TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #2293
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

If we're talking about GS performances, I agree with Pavstry. It's her worst in a while, since last year's AO.

The thing is Maria doesn't possess the great movement to execute a "pusher" strategy against Na, unless ErrorNa shows up. She can't overpower Na from the ground, because she doesn't hit as big as Lisicki or Petra, and she doesn't have much else in her arsenal: she is too stubborn and not confident enough to start attacking the net to put pressure on Na, like Petra can do, for example. So, yeah, Hogstedt has been a great coach so far, but Maria hasn't really added much to her game. The only ting I'm happy about yesterday's performance was her serve, except for a few DFs. Na on the other hand improved so much. Just look at the FH with more topspin or the slice serve she was using yesterday!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote