TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #2292
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

okay, i have no energy reading back or read her presser. I dont even know what happened in other SF.
here just my thoughts.

- lost 8 games when she had gamepoint or breakpoint. Every close situation was a letdown.
- she looked flat as a pnacake out there, no real fighting spirit or "disrespectful" c'mons showed.
- No footwork or movement. Even cow on ice was better.
- couldnt return anything with FH, couldnt return 2nd serves...
- Some people argue how to play against Na, play into the middle not giving angles or just go for shots which she can redirect. BUT dit oesnt matter if soemone just hitting midpace loopy puffballs everywhere, like Maria did. She had no depth or bite in her shots (mostly because she was half step slower every time), allowed Na to step in the court to attack (pushing Maria on the run, except she couldnt even run) and finish. Of course she loked like a GOAT. Hitting from one meter inside or from one meter behind the baseline is huge difference, and Na is no amateur.

It was a hopeless, miserable match from the first game. My closest guess would be she folded under pressure. I'm just utterly disappointed she could bring anything once again. True russian player. At least now she kept the shitshow for the SF, not final, not sure its an improvement though since one of the worst performance in last 12 months.

Last edited by C. Drone : Jan 24th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote